Thursday, October 4, 2018

A Waiting Season is NEVER a Wasted Season. EVER.


          God never wastes anything. EVER.  

          You ever felt like you were in a dry place spiritually?  A desert, a wasteland where everything seems infertile? Well, I have. I’ve been there embarrassingly too many times. Too many to want to count. I’ve learned now to refer to this time as a “Waiting Season” instead of negatively labeling it a “Wasted Season”.  For years while I was waiting on God to move, waiting on Him to change my circumstances, waiting on a miracle that never came, I got weaker and weaker. I became fragile in my faith, letting anything and everything shake me to my core. I was hesitant to believe that God would ever move on my behalf. I felt powerless. 

          You know the song that’s blasting over the airwaves so much now, called Do It Again, by Elevation Worship? Well, that seems to be my battle cry. It starts off with this phrase, “ Walking around these walls, I thought by now, they’d fall, But you have never failed me yet. Waiting for change to come, knowing the battle’s won, For you have never failed me yet.” It goes on to say that my confidence is in Him because He’s never failed me. That He made a way, when there was no way, and I believe He’ll do it again. And that is SO true for me now.      
    
         It is only by His grace that I am where I am. Just the other day, during a Freedom group, I had someone tell me something that hurt me to the core. It was not meant to hurt me, but nevertheless, it cut deep. A lady told me that when she met me, a few years ago, after we had a short conversation, she said when I walked away, she thought to herself, “ That has to be the saddest woman I’ve ever met.”  Really, wow, the saddest woman she had ever met? Was my brokenness that evident? Was all the hurt, and heartache that I thought I was so bravely holding onto that visible? Apparently so. Now, I can say, from the other side of it, how grateful I am that my flaws, and lack of purpose was showing. It’s because of my utter disappointments and major fails that I can confidently say that God made a way, and if He did it for me, He’ll do it for you. I can use my story, to tell His story. 

          Because during the times that I was buried, and there seemed to be no light, I now know that I wasn’t buried, I was actually planted. I was a seed that grew stronger with each new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment