Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Beginning has Begun.

          Let the journey begin. I’ll go ahead and make you a promise, it’s not an easy one to take, but never the less, it is necessary if we want to live a fulfilled life. A life that is liberating and no longer under tyranny. Through the process, you will gain the benefits of living with hope, knowing that you have a purpose.

          You CAN embrace the freedom that God has given you. Sometimes, it is a daily choice, and other times, it seems, can even be a minute by minute choice. Determine to maximize your potential , and start the process of getting to know your true identity.

          There was once a man who truly loved the Lord, in fact, God himself, said that this particular man was a man that ran after God’s own heart. As much as he had devoted his life to God, he still blew it. Big time, blew it. It was after a huge life altering mistake he made, that he penned these words :

Soak me in your laundry and I’ll come out clean,
    scrub me and I’ll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
    set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don’t look too close for blemishes,
    give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
    shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don’t throw me out with the trash,
    or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
    put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
    so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
    and I’ll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
    I’ll let loose with your praise.


          Like this man, David, we also need a clean start, a fresh beginning ( a “do-over”!). Let’s begin a life that is tuned into God and His plan and purpose.

          The great news is that you don’t have to do it alone. God has given you a friend to help along the way. Jesus said in the book of John chapter fourteen, that The Friend, the Holy Spirit, that my Father will send you, will make everything plain and clear to you. Isn’t that great!? It’s like having someone to assist you in every aspect of life. He went on to say that He would leave us well and whole, that it was His parting gift to us. Do you know what that means? That we can be made whole. Through this journey, God is going to establish us, restore us, and gloriously complete what He has begun.
          Make the choice today to begin this new life. Today can be the First day of the rest of your life, the Best of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment